Are You Ready For Change?
Neuro-linguistic Programming (also known as NLP) is a psychological approach to strategies that help you improve your quality of life. NLP examines the strategies used by successful individuals and provides you with motivation to incorporate those same strategies into your own life. With a new set of guidelines to live by, you are more likely to reach your personal goals.
How NLP Works
I will work with you using modeling and communication techniques. From the time we are small, we learn new behaviours by watching others and imitating them. NLP uses the same approach to learning. We will look at the actions that lead to success and follow the same formula to get you closer to your own success. Some of those actions first involve being able to look at things differently.
Laurie is a Certified Life Coach, Intentional Thinking Trainer and NLP Practitioner
Everyone has their own perspective of reality. NLP teaches us how to view situations from other perspectives. We are often crippled by having a narrow point of view, keeping us from adapting or adjusting in a healthy manner. The more and varied views you have, the more information you will acquire and the better your perspective. Eventually you will be able to visualize any situation from multiple sides and gain a broader view of the world and the events and people within it.
Since the mind and body are connected, we need to perform the actions physically in order to be able to fully understand and learn from them. Physically performing an action leads to changes in the mind as well as the body.
Six Levels of Change
- Environment (lowest level): Learn to control your environment. This includes making changes to the context and setting of your environment as well as choosing the people around you – you are who you associate with.
- Behaviours: Learn to change your behaviours and control how you act upon your emotions.
- Capabilities/skills: Learn and/or improve your skills for greater independence.
- Beliefs/values: Learn to adjust your thought process and the beliefs you hold onto.
- Identity: Learn to change your role in the world – how you view yourself and how others view you.
- Purpose/spirituality (highest level): Learn how to view yourself as part of something larger through religion, ethics, faith and other creeds.
When working with me, I will help lead you through the various levels of change. We will examine the goals you have for your life and find concrete examples of how others have achieved those same goals. Through modeling and learning exercises, I will help you to incorporate the necessary actions and activities in your daily life so that you can achieve your goals.
Sessions are tailored to each individual. No two people progress at the same rate and change is more difficult for some than for others. What is most important is setting a strategy that will lead to success.